Tuesday 16 December 2008

The DigiStory Blog. or Hello World!



This is a blog dedicated to digital storytelling. I intend to speak about my experiences in storytelling, interesting storytellers I meet and techniques I have used with children learning to tell and illustrate their own stories.

I started being interested in storytelling about 3 years ago and thanks to some work I had been doing as part of the World without Walls team in St Andrew's Parish Church in Bo'ness, Scotland I was able to explore the concepts of digital storytelling more fully. We were able to run a pilot project where with the help of a professional storyteller, Michael Williams, we managed to train around 12 people in digital storytelling. This is how the adventure started and we have never stopped.

We are currently running storytelling sessions quite regularly for 4 blocks of 6 session each during the year. The sessions explore different topics, such as healthy eating, global citizenship, environmental issues and citizenship. However, the children that come to our session, just come to have fun. We have children from 5-12 years old for 1 1/2 hours a week. During this time, we hear stories,
play games, learn tonguetwisters, draw, film and have lots of fun. Check out some of the pictures form our most recent sessions.

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment